Saturday, March 28, 2015

Hitting the Trail

I'm working at getting back to 20-30 miles per week....every training email I receive says.....GO SLOW!  I'm thinking about the "too's" McMillan running sent me....too many miles, too soon, too much.  But wait...I have a half marathon in just a month and couple weeks!

I'm trying some new "stuff"....running in the pool for starters.  It's a bit boring and I don't feel a runners high but when I step out of the water....I feel the workout.  So I will keep to that every now and then.

I am also beginning to do some trail running.  I bought a little book with maps of trails in the Corvallis area....man are there a lot of trails or what!  I'll start experimenting with those.....increasing the difficulty of terrain and altitude gain but for now...I'm loving the view.


After my last speed work session at the track....I finished with an easy run around the park.  My right foot is having some issues and I began to look at how long I have been running in my favorite shoes.  Perhaps it is time for a new pair of kicks?


I'm beginning the process of breaking these bad girls in.  They will be seeing some serious miles come what May.....and so I am off and running.

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment