Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Do I Like Running??

Last Thursday, I found a loop that I fell in love with...outside and in the country.  My original country runs have been totally ruined by three dogs and a broken down, three board horse fence that allows those dogs to come at me.  The long gravel road runs are a thing of my pass and I am grieving them all the while looking for new ways to fill my soul and feed my endorphin habit.  I ran my new road three times in the past week.....once 6 miles and twice 4.  One new challenge is that I have two miles out and two miles back of side road running on a pretty busy road forcing me to run against traffic to be safe.  This has left my right hip and buttock unbelievable tight and sore.

I ponder this soreness...attempting to embrace it as little badges of earning back my long distance legs.  I roll out diligently but still don't find relief as I hit the treadmill or the track as I grabbed a sip of speed work last Sunday.  The running miles are coming back to me, slowly but surely and with them new challenges.

Today at my workout, my trainer asked if I like running....I almost laughed out loud.  I LOVE running all the while there are days I really despise it and others it is something to do and yet others I don't run.  But at the end of it all, I LOVE RUNNING!  I love what it does to my head, my muscles, my fat and my "feelings".  I can't imagine not running and yes, there are days when I just want to run because I want to run.  I don't always want to have a big fat greek goal for why I run....I just want to run.  I'll do my speed work, my hills, my long runs and then.....there are days I just want to run and be okay running with how ever the heck far I want to run because I LOVE IT like I love chatting with a good friend.  I don't run with other people because running is time to spend with me.  I like it that way.

A couple ideas come to mind as I push into more miles....once my new swimsuit coverup dress gets here I am running in the pool.  That is absolutely something I want to try...I want to push myself in the pool and see what it feels like to not worry about my knee or my hip or milk trucks for that matter.  I'm also looking for a way to jump my neighbor's fence (the nice neighbors) that will kick me out past the three dog house and allow me to my secret country roads lined with gravel without hardly a vehicle allowing me to run right up the middle of the road.  I'll keep looking for some decently groomed trails too...and I'll soldier on.

Do I like running?  hahahahaha! That's a bit like asking a drug addict if they like cocaine!  (well, sort of)

Seize the Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment