Thursday, November 27, 2014

Side Effect

When I started running...oh, was it last December?, I pretty much minded my own business and made it a journey of me.  I did not want to join any running groups, nor did I want to find a running buddy....the journey was so deeply personal, I wanted it all for myself.  At Girl Friends Run for a Cure, I met a lady and we exchanged phone numbers.  I've yet to call her; I'm a bit afraid of my running pace and what might be construed as pressure attempting to run with another person.  Today, I branched out and went to the local Turkey Trot with my son's girlfriend.  It was nice...we started together and I shouted out...you go girl.  She took off and finished strong with just under 10 min/miles while I kept to my plan and came in right around 13min/miles.  She cheered for me as I crossed the line and it was fun...in that weird running way that defines fun.

Last week, I joined in a big challenge: The Holiday Sweat Challenge.  To participate, I stepped into 2014 and made a twitter account...holy crap, what is happening to me. Then, I went and followed every single person in the challenge that allowed me to follow and wahlah....I've got a whole Twitter account filled to the brim with motivation and people I want to hear from.

I'm still a bit anti social, running is a very personal journey for me...but it's baby steps.  And besides, I really can't sit out a good challenge!  I vow to myself to hit the FB, water, and freggies every day....those are like free throws.....no reason not to make those happen.

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment