Friday, February 20, 2015

Back in the Saddle

I just got back from a trip to Cali.  It's time to climb back up in the saddle and ride, baby, ride...well more like run.  Derailed is now behind me...yup, yup!  I met a new trainer that I think I might love. She is tough but encouraging and she RUNS!  I'm a bit embarrassed about how weak I am; especially when I thought I was kicking ass and taking names.  But this is a new start, or maybe the next chapter.

The trip to Cali was interesting...I find that sometimes I set myself up for utter fail and that is exactly what happened.  I experienced the worst ever eating day that I have had in years mixed with days on end of not running!  I could list out all the excuses, which there are many.  In the end, it is what I chose to do.  Funny how that really crappy eating muscle memory deomn lays latent, yet it is still strong.  When the door to that demon is cracked.....it flies out, strong as it was when I slammed the door in the first place....maybe even stronger because my mind has become complacent in not having to fight it.  Sounds a lot like addiction to me.

So now, I work on my mind again.  Let go and let God...live this one meal at a time/one workout at a time.  The work outs that are for home are easy enough to get done in 30 minutes.  I'm jumping rope on non-running days...and where I used to be killer at jumping rope...I'm a toddler now.  I'm looking into some weighted ropes and have come to realize that the ropes I am using right now might not be for a 5'11" woman.....one has felt way to short but I thought it was because I can't chew gum and lift my feet at the same time.  I'm looking forward to getting a set ordered and seeing if a well fitted rope swings better!

I also signed up for another half in May.  I might regret this but the following day I signed up for Run Like a Mother....I really loved that run last year!  Not sure what it will look and feel like after running a half the day before but at the end of the day....I can always walk.  I'm also looking at being a volunteer for an ultra marathon.  There are a few within hours of here......I want to see what that might look like.  How crazy are those ultra runners?  Were any of them like me in the beginning??

The feelings I had after the half were so raw and new to me....I'd kind of like to find a huge goal that takes me years to accomplish so that I don't have to face those feelings again for a while.  Needless to say, it feels good to have the half in front of me as a goal.......it feels good to get back in the saddle and run.

Seize the Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment